The Visionary Awards were created to recognize outstanding contributors to the Type 1 community. Recipients and projects must meet the following criteria:
- Must be open-source and released into the wild.
- Must impact or be likely to impact a large cross section of the T1 community.
- Must be a private individual or team, not a corporate effort.
- Must not be a member of the Board of Directors, or a direct family relation.
Past recipients include:
- Dana Lewis and Scott Leibrand for their work on the DIYPS Project
- Stephen Black for his guidance of the xDrip Project
- Kate Farnsworth and Christine Deltrap for their work on the Nightscout/CGM in the Cloud Pebble Watchface
- Ross Naylor & Kevin Lee for their work on the Nightscout Uploader for Android